The newly renovated First Impression Room is a space for young scientists ages birth to four years to experience and learn about science in a comfortable and creative environment.
So many features to explore:
- A life-size tree for crawling and hiding
- A climbing loft for climbing up and sliding down
- A water table for boats, waterfalls, and more!
- A walk-in house for imaginary play
- A multi-user SMART Board for drawing and playing interactive games
- A WKAR Resource Corner where children and parents can watch sneak peeks of science-based, preschool programming
So many ways to feel comfortable while you play:
- A family restroom
- A private nursing room
- Crocs and raincoats for families to wear in the water area
- A place for snacks in the welcome area
Planning a visit? Bring a change of clothes in case your child gets wet in the water area. The First Impression Room is a shoe-free zone — be sure to bring a pair of socks!
View our First Impression Room brochure.